Friday, November 28, 2008

Editing Myself

I've finally started filming for my interactive project. Yesterday me and two good friends of mine, Hani and Kak Siti went down to one of the locations to get started with the shoot. The thing about this shoot is that it requires me to both act and direct at the same time. It was weird shooting with Kak Siti, an established Assitant Director in Malaysia. I found myself intimidated since there are still lots that i need to learn, and that what i know is nothing to what she does. The weather was a bitch yesterday, it was cold and windy. It is bad enough that it is cold and we had to stay outdoor for hours, and the wind just had to spoil my shots as it screws my captured audio on the recording. Now i have to do dubbing and foley works.

So i just finished editing the scene we shot yesterday (what i was able to edit; note that i still need to edit the sound adn record ambience and do foley works). But that's not the real point of this post.


The thing about editing this is that this is the first time i had to edit myself (a video in which i'm acting). Which is way different that editing a trip video of yourself or a birthday video of yourself. This is editing yourself ACTING.

I felt weird doing this. This is the first time I've done such a thing, before if there were any acting that I did on video, Siddiq would be the one who edits it.

It was weird, like twilight weird.

1 comment:

Amin Jamil said...

"like twilight weird"

wari becomes robert pattinson?
weeee~