Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Junctions DVD-ing

So i finished editing the interactive project i was working on. Believe me this is without a doubt, one of my worse, narrative-wise, I would like to dis-own it. But knowing that I must, however submit something for my degree grading process, i figured that i dont have any other choice.

Editing Junctions:



Well I have been asked by many people - Apakah Interactive?

So I might as well explain it here.
Interactivity

interactive |ˌintərˈaktiv|
adjective
(of two people or things) influencing or having an effect on each other : fully sighted children in interactive play with others with defective vision.
• (of a computer or other electronic device) allowing a two-way flow of information between it and a user, responding to the user's input : interactive video.

meaning that the user (whoever is playing the DVD) has the power to make decisions for the character in the video. And that the video has various turns and junctions that the user is allowed to make decision for. Thus, re-enforcing the idea of 'The Death of the Author'

Now I'm working on the process of actually making it interactive, you know with menus and stuff. So this here is the background for the main menu:

The two boxes indicated with arrows are to be filled with text from the menu buttons, you know, like one you find in a DVD. The production design of this DVD is inspired fully from no one other than Fatin herself. Her habit of scribbling everything that passes her mind inspires me to create 'The Notebook" theme.

Interactive DVD-ing Junctions


The thing about this project is that i would LOVE to disown all of the narrative content, but still take credit for all the other production values (except the narrative.just re-emphasizing).

Talking about credits; Junctions also have the longest credit i have ever included in a video. And a montage I'm pretty proud of. I would love to include the montage in here but since it would ruin the element of surprise for some people, I wont.

The other day i was watching one of Kak Siti's video and then I realized that she crams all her thanks in all of her videos. So being a good fellow Astro scholar, i decided that I should do the same from now on, as it feels incredebly good to do so!

So here is the GOOD end credits (being interactive, they are two end credits)



So yeah, the only part that i like about "Junctions" is it's production value; Montage, Menus, Styles, Credits. I HATE the story!

I'll post more up (montage, clips, pics etc.) after I submit it to the lecturer, so until then, itu saja yea murid2? =)

No comments: